Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Ethics in Medicine through Narrative

www.promise-saltlake.com

Watch video about the Promise Experience.
    0-139 and 638 till end
What they are constantly promoting?




The Promise experience is selling us what?
Now look at the Pfizer ad what is it selling us?
The last two videos are telling what is wrong with drug companies and what they are selling the consumer. I have added the Promise experience here because part of the problem of the health care system is hospitals and doctors.

My story is about how I believe my children lost their father. I had to help research the partial  information that was given to them and tell them what I thought based on the information that was given to them how their dad was doing.  AS the ex-wife information was only given to me through is my ex-mother-in-law and she only gave me what she felt the children needed to know.  

      The ex-husband enters the hospital on July 26, 2013 to never come home. On December 30, 2013 he was removed from life support, that his children had to fight with their grandmother (his mother) to make this life changing event happen.

      Because drug companies put out there what they think you as a patient should have and make you believe that you have this complication, issue, disease or what ever they are selling that is popular at the time; the consumer believes them that they are the only hope they have to have a better life.

Now with those two statements made my ex-husband was one of those consumers that felt he needed a drug to fix everything.  He had a doctor that gave him everything he wanted.  I know this because I was the person that had to get him his "legal drug" fix on weekly and sometimes daily basis.  This happened until I finally had enough and was able to leave. Two years after I left he became extremely ill.  His kidneys shut down and they called the kids to the hospital because they really didn't know what was happening. This is when the nightmare began.  Fast forward two years almost to the day he moves on to another life away from this world. 

A drug sent him into kidney failure because of his need for a fix for something and the doctor gave him that fix and the doctor had NO clue how to administer that drug correctly.  

When he entered the hospital it was with a bowel blockage.  The doctors did surgery to fix the blockage. The doctors say there may be two reasons for the blockage: the gastric bypass or the kidney dialysis.  The doctors performed over 20 surgery's, he was on off a ventilator about 10 times before they put in a trac. He never had any real food from the day he entered the hospital.  I was at the hospital with my son, on the second call for all family to come in, he came off the ventilator and was given ice chips.  I watched a person guard his empty cup like a guard dog! This man was starving!! He was being tortured in my opinion.  No human being deserves to be tortured. 

I tell you this story because I want to know where the ethics are in this case.  Santa Clara University list on their website (http://www.scu.edu/ethics/practicing/decision/making.pdf) a list of questions on what should be asked when making decisions.  Along with these question are some of the ethics that go with the questions.  
When I called the Promise center and asked if they had an ethics board I was told they had a Quality Control Board.  When I was transferred no one answered, nor did I leave a message. I am only left guessing that the Quality Control Board is there to make sure that everything is done to the patient that they can do to make money.  Just like the pharmaceutical company's it is all about the MIGHTY DOLLAR.

When companies say there is more than the medicine why are they not getting back to basics and using what Mother Nature has to offer us? Why do we create drugs that create side effects and more drugs to fix those side effects and more drugs to fix the more side effects?  This just PISSES ME OFF!!! OH SHIT WAIT THEY HAVE A DRUG TO FIX MY PISSES ME OFF MOOD!!!!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment